Bunions are a common foot ailment that can cause a lot of discomfort and pain for many women. Bunions are also known as hallux valgus, which is the medical term for having the big toe turn inwards.
The pain caused by bunions can become unbearable if left untreated. Bunions may lead to other conditions such as plantar fasciitis, which causes irritation on the bottom of the toes and heel, Achilles tendonitis, painful tendons on the back of the ankle, and calf strains as well.
Women who have been struggling with bunions for a long time will find relief with this type of shoes. The shoes are specifically designed to give support to your feet in order to provide relief from pain caused by bunions.
- 1 Why Bunion Running Shoes Matter to You
- 2 Buying Women’s Running Shoe Guide
- 3 Finding the Right Bunion Shoe for You and Your Run
- 4 Our Top Three Picks
- 5 Are there running shoes designed specifically for bunions?
- 6 Top 10 Best Women’s Running Shoes for Bunions
- 6.1 1- adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure 2.0 Running Shoes
- 6.2 2- ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes
- 6.3 3- adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
- 6.4 4- New Balance Women’s DynaSoft Beaya Slip V1 Running Shoe
- 6.5 5- New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Arishi V3 Running Shoe
- 6.6 6- ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- 6.7 7- Mizuno Women’s Wave Inspire 16 Waveknit Running Shoe Road
- 6.8 8- Nike W Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Tb Womens Running Casual Shoes
- 6.9 9- ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 7 Running Shoe
- 6.10 10- New Balance Women’s 520 V5 Running Shoe
- 7 Final Words
Why Bunion Running Shoes Matter to You
If you are a bunion patient, you know how difficult it is to find shoes that fit your feet. Bunion running shoes have been on the market for quite some time, but they are still not very popular.
Some people believe that wearing these types of shoes is not safe enough because they don’t provide the necessary support for runners. These concerns are somewhat valid, but this is only true if you’re an experienced runner or someone used to running in more traditional types of running shoes. In order to understand more about why bunion running shoes matter and what they offer their users, we spoke with a podiatrist who specializes in bunion treatment and who also happens to be a runner herself.
Buying Women’s Running Shoe Guide
Women’s running shoes are designed to be more comfortable and suitable for women in different types of activities. Women’s shoes are also more likely to support their feet in the right way than men’s shoes
Recently, there has been an increase in the number of people who enjoy running. It is a great way for people to get fit, de-stress, and have some fun. More people out there are willing to run than ever before too which has increased the need for running shoes
Women’s shoe guides help runners find the best shoe type that suits their needs – whether it is for getting started or just enjoying their workouts more. They can help plan ahead so they don’t end up with a run on their hands.
Finding the Right Bunion Shoe for You and Your Run
When it comes to running, there are a lot of things that we need to worry about. One of the biggest problems is foot pain. And one of the ways to avoid this pain is by purchasing a good pair of bunion shoes.
When it comes to finding the right shoes, you need to consider your fit and your needs. For example, if you want something that is lightweight and extremely breathable then maybe a shoe made out of neoprene would be best for you and your needs.
Bunion shoes are specially designed for people with bunions who want something to cushion their bunion during exercise or while walking around. They also offer enough support for those with wide feet so they can feel comfortable while wearing them without having foot problems.
Our Top Three Picks
Are there running shoes designed specifically for bunions?
Bunions are a deformity of the bones in the ball and heel, which can be caused by wearing ill-fitting shoes. A lot of people who have bunions find it difficult to wear regular running sneakers.
There are a few companies that make running shoes designed specifically for their customers with bunions. Nike is one of them, as it has released a shoe called “The Nike Air Vapor Max” which has thicker cushioning and extra protection around the heel area for those with bunions.
Some runners who have bunion problems swear by using custom orthotics in order to prevent the pain from getting worse when they run.
Top 10 Best Women’s Running Shoes for Bunions
1- adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure 2.0 Running Shoes
- Women's athletic shoes with super soft Cloudfoam cushioning
- Regular fit; Lace closure for a secure feel
- Textile upper is durable; Synthetic outsole is lightweight and flexible
- This product is made with Primegreen, a series of high-performance recycled materials. 50% of upper is recycled content. No virgin polyester.
2- ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes
- Durable uppers crafted from synthetic leather and breathable mesh
- Lace up closure for a secure fit
- Fabric linings keep feet cool and dry
- Stabilizing internal heel counter gently helps your foot remain in its natural line of motion
- ORTHOLITE sockliner provides a cushioned layer underfoot, while molding to the shape of your foot for added comfort
3- adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
- Stretchy, mesh running shoes with extra cushioning for all-day comfort
- Stretchable mesh upper for breathability
- Combined Cloudfoam midsole and outsole for step-in comfort and superior cushioning
- Cloudfoam memory sockliner molds to the foot for superior step-in comfort
- Sock-like construction hugs the foot
4- New Balance Women’s DynaSoft Beaya Slip V1 Running Shoe
- DynaSoft midsole couples ultra-responsive performance with plush comfort
- Textile upper
- Rubber outsole pods designed to stand up to daily wear and tear
- Slip-on construction for easy, on-the-go wear
- 6 mm drop; due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 6 mm drop are approximate
5- New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Arishi V3 Running Shoe
- Tech-Focused Features: The New Balance Arishi v3 running shoe features Fresh Foam midsole technology that is precision-engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride
- Impressive Fit: The modern upper on these fitness shoes is made of no-sew engineered mesh, creating a sophisticated style that also offers breathability and a comfortable fit
- Durability and Comfort: Featuring a strong rubber outsole for durability and a molded footbed for underfoot comfort, these runners are sure to become your new daily kicks
- Designed for All-Day Wear: This New Balance sneaker is truly a premium underfoot comfort experience, offering a great fit and feel that can take you from morning to night
- New Balance Running Shoes With a Fresh, Attractive Design: Add an exclamation mark to your outfit with these fitness shoes, which prove that functional can also be fashionable
6- ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- Rugged neutral runner in mesh with bright overlays
- GEL Cushioning System
- Removable foam sockliner accommodates orthotics
- Trail-specific outsole with multisurface traction
- High-abrasion rubber
7- Mizuno Women’s Wave Inspire 16 Waveknit Running Shoe Road
- This favorite stability trainer with a WAVEKNIT upper is a workhorse. Use for fast track workouts All the way up to a marathon distance
- Smoothride support wave brings an ideal balance of cushion and lightness in every step
- Premium Sockliner for increased cushioning and comfort
- All new WAVEKNIT upper for a soft and breathable fit
- X10 outersole for increased durability
8- Nike W Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Tb Womens Running Casual Shoes
9- ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 7 Running Shoe
- Jacquard Mesh Upper - Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability.
- AmpliFoam Midsole - Engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability ideal for natural running.
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
10- New Balance Women’s 520 V5 Running Shoe
- Underfoot Comfort: These running shoes feature a lightweight injection-molded EVA foam midsole to provide lightweight support, plus an NB Comfort Insert to offer additional cushioning
- Supportive Design: The breathable mesh and synthetic uppers on these fitness shoes are designed to be soft and supportive on the feet. The upper sits atop a durable rubber outsole
- Versatile and Lightweight Running Shoes: Whether you're working through tough training sessions or a busy weekend of errands, these New Balance running shoes are designed to provide all-day comfort
- A Great Finishing Touch to Any Outfit: With a stylish silhouette and classic NB branding, these cushioned running shoes can be paired with any casual or athletic outfit without looking out of place
- Comfortable Running Shoes: These synthetic running shoes deliver a plush feeling that lasts, thanks to the underfoot flex grooves and data-inspired comfort technology for enhanced all-day comfort
One of the most common foot deformities in women is bunions which can cause pain during running. It is also not possible to have a good pair of running shoes for people with this problem.
While there are many factors that come into play when it comes to choosing the best running shoe, bunions should be taken into account as well.
- 10 Best Shoes for Bunions and Plantar Fasciitis in 2021 – Buyer’s Guide - June 23, 2021
- 10 Best Women’s Running Shoes for Bunions in 2021 – Buyer’s Guide - June 22, 2021
- Best Women’s Gym Shoes for Bunions - June 21, 2021